Maple & Honey Digital Agency Pty Ltd
To sign up to our service, you must agree to our terms of service.
The term ‘Maple & Honey Digital Agency Pty Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to Maple & Honey Digital Agency Pty Ltd, the owner of the website, whose registered office is 24 Brookes Street, Brisbane 4006, Queensland. The term ‘client’, ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the website user and client.
You, the client (herein the “Client“) named in the subscription agreement registration, agrees with Maple & Honey Digital Agency Pty Ltd (ABN 29 622 979 471) (“Maple & Honey“) that in consideration of Maple & Honey agreeing to provide the Services to Client the following terms and conditions shall apply:
1. Legal Agreement:
This agreement shall be a legal agreement between Client and Maple & Honey. The agreement shall constitute the entire agreement between Client and Maple & Honey in relation to the Services and the subscription agreement and it shall not include any terms and conditions of Client (including on any purchase order or other document submitted by Client) unless agreed to in writing by Maple & Honey. If you are signing up on behalf of another person, the contract is between Maple & Honey and you. The person(s) signing up agree to the following.
2. Term of Agreement:
This agreement commences on the start date specified in the subscription agreement (agreed start date) and is for an indefinite term unless a finish date is specified in the subscription agreement or the agreement is ended earlier in the manner permitted by this agreement.
- Services Maple & Honey will provide:
Maple & Honey will:
- provide the work and services to be carried out by Maple & Honey as described in the subscription agreement (the “Services“);
- where a maximum time per month for the provision of the Services is set out in the subscription agreement, provide the Services for a period of time up to that maximum amount per month;
- use its best endeavours to ensure the Services are provided in compliance with all relevant Australian legislation;
- provide the Services with care and skill and will exercise professional judgement free from any conflict of interest;
- provide support in respect of the Services as specified in the subscription agreement;
- act in Client’s best interests but will not do anything which is unethical or unlawful;
- keep records of work performed under this agreement and provide copies of those records to Client on request; this includes all digital files.
- provide only the resources specified in the subscription agreement as required to be provided by Maple & Honey to deliver the Services;
- provide the Services to Client alone and will not regard any other entity as its client in relation to the Services; and
- unless otherwise stated in the subscription agreement, shall determine at its discretion the personnel who will provide the Services.
4. Additional Services:
- At the request of Client, Maple & Honey may provide work and services additional to the Services including:
- any additional services set out in the subscription agreement; updates required as a result of changes to any relevant digital interface or services required in respect of matters set out in clause 5.
- Client agrees and acknowledges that:
(i) the fee for any Additional Services is not included within the fee for the Services and will be charged at Maple & Honey’s time-based charge out rates, as set out in the subscription agreement; and
(ii) by submitting a quick quote or another form of purchase order to Maple & Honey in respect of any Additional Services, Client agrees to pay for the Additional Services.
5. Limitations on services:
- search engines may stop accepting submissions for an indefinite period of time. Search engines may re-rank or exclude websites and webpages for no apparent or predictable reason. Often a webpage will reappear without any additional submissions. Should a webpage not reappear, Maple & Honey will, at a cost agreed with the client, re-submit the site based on the current policies of the search engine in question.
- Social media platforms change their interfaces on a regular basis. Unfortunately Maple & Honey cannot pre-empt these changes. This may require us to redesign your social media pages, for which a quotation will be provided.
- any modification of Client’s website by Client or any third party may impact on the listing or ranking of Client’s website. Any work or services required by Maple & Honey as a result of such modification shall be Additional Services; and
- Maple & Honey will not provide the following services under this agreement (Maple & Honey may at its discretion provide these services as Additional Services at the request of Client):
- support outside Business Hours. In this agreement, Business Hours means 9am to 5pm Brisbane time on any day except a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in Queensland, Australia;
- support of or assisting the client in the use of operating systems, ancillary services or software or other platforms;
iii. managing authorised usernames and passwords;
- installing or managing Client’s security measures;
- support where Service impairment results from installation, un-installation, or use of other software applications;
- recovery of damage or data loss arising from hard drive or CPU failure, network failure, misuse, negligence, alteration, improper wiring, malware, viruses or failure to complete daily and weekly backups;
vii. support where Client has failed to implement a recommendation from Maple & Honey where in the reasonable opinion of Maple & Honey the recommendation should be implemented to ensure Maple & Honey can properly deliver the Services; or
viii. consulting services or accelerated development or advanced customisations of or enhancements to or new features of the Services.
6. Website Development Site Speed
Maple & Honey aims to deliver all websites we develop from origin to operate at a minimum of 50/100 on both desktop and mobile using the following Google Tool : https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/. We cannot guarantee faster speeds unless it has been outlined in the website scope as advanced features that a website may have can impact this score significantly. Maple & Honey will do all it can to improve site speed however we reserve the right to quote accordingly to improve site speed if needed.
7. Items to be provided by Client:
- provide to Maple & Honey all items and materials to be provided by Client as stated in the subscription agreement and all information and materials relating to Client’s requirements with respect to the Services, including as regards scope and timing;
- obtain all approvals which are required for the lawful provision and use of the Services; and
- appoint a person to act as Client’s representative, which person shall be deemed to have authority to act on behalf of and bind Client in connection with this agreement.
8. Client Authority, Exclusivity and Warranties:
- Client authorises Maple & Honey to:
- conduct all activities as may be required to perform the Services, including submitting websites to search engines and any other resources or relevant sites; and
- modify any of Client’s websites, including modifying the metadata of any website, for the purposes of providing the Services;
- iii. use relevant keywords and phrases, including intellectual property belonging to Client, for the purpose of delivering the Services.
- During the term of this agreement, Client shall not permit any search engine optimisation provider to:
- perform or deliver any service which is within the Services; or
- have access to any of the Client’s websites that are part of the search engine optimisation service.
- Client agrees that Maple & Honey will not be responsible for any of the Client’s websites or search engine rankings if Client does not comply with clause 7b.
- Subject to clause 7b, if Client is required to give access to Client’s website to any third party, Client must give prior notice to Maple & Honey.
- Client agrees to having Maple & Honeys digital strategy implemented. Maple & Honey will not take advice, audits or recommendations from external sources.
9. Client’s Responsibilities:
In order to ensure that Maple & Honey is able to properly deliver the Services, Client:
- agrees to have read-only access to your advertising account;
- must not make changes to your account, campaign, adsets or ads without prior consent from Maple & Honey;
- agrees to pay for all ad spend regardless of result & amount.
- must ensure that Client’s websites are active and accessible by Maple & Honey at all times;
- must notify Maple & Honey each time any modification to Client’s websites is made where that modification may affect the delivery of the Services by Maple & Honey;
- must not install or use software that may, in the reasonable opinion of Maple & Honey, impair the proper delivery of the Services by Maple & Honey;
- agrees to inform all third parties with access to Client’s websites, including webmasters, that Maple & Honey has been engaged to provide the Services;
- agrees that if Maple & Honey reasonably determines that Client’s web hosting provider may be part of a ‘bad neighbourhood’; or considers that for optimisation of the Services, Client should change its’ web hosting provider,
iii. then Client will, at Maple & Honey’s request, change its web hosting provider.
10. Support Provided:
- Maple & Honey shall use commercially reasonable efforts to provide support on the terms set out in the subscription agreement but does not guarantee that any defects in the Client’s websites or Services will be fixed by Maple & Honey.
- Client acknowledges that Maple & Honey relies on third-party interfaces and databases to deliver the Services and as a result, Maple & Honey cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to and use of those third party internet interfaces and databases at all times.
Except as otherwise agreed in writing with Maple & Honey;
- the fee for the Services will be as specified in the subscription agreement;
- Maple & Honey reserves the right to adjust its time-based charge out rates on each 1 January and 1 July by an amount not less than the change in the Consumer Price Index (All Groups) Brisbane in the preceding six months.
- Client agrees that external disbursements are not included in Maple & Honey’s fees. Client agrees to reimburse reasonable business expenses incurred by Maple & Honey in the performance of the Services. Maple & Honey will always seek authorisation from Client prior to incurring such expenses.
- Maple & Honey agrees to provide Client with tax invoices for all expenses Maple & Honey seeks to have reimbursed.
13. Tax invoices:
- will be issued by Maple & Honey and must be paid on the terms of 30 days unless otherwise specified or agreed on the invoice;
- shall be deemed correct unless disputed in writing within 7 days of the date of the invoice;
- must be paid in full notwithstanding any counterclaim or set-off Client may claim against Maple & Honey; and
- that are not paid in full and on time will attract interest at 15% per annum, calculated daily.
- The Customer shall pay the Supplier for all costs actually incurred by the Supplier in the recovery of any monies owed by the Customer to the Supplier under this Agreement including recovery agent costs, repossession costs, location search costs, process server costs and solicitor costs on a solicitor/client basis.
- All payments for advertising budgets must be paid by the client based on any of the payment options made available in Appendix A; Advertising Budgets paid your behalf by Maple & Honey will incur a 5% admin fee.
- For payments made by way of Direct Debit (pre-pay):
- The client must ensure that sufficient cleared funds are available in their nominated bank account on the day that the payment is due to be initiated;
- Budget payments to the end supplier will only be made on your behalf upon successful completion of the direct debit transaction and confirmation from Stripe of the transfer of funds to our bank account;
iii. Any failed direct debit transactions will incur an additional failed payment fee charged directly to your account by Stripe in line with their fee schedule at the prevailing rate at the time the debit is initiated. Please note that this fee is controlled by Stripe, may change from time to time and is outside the control of Maple & Honey. Maple & Honey will not be held responsible for any campaigns going offline as a result of failed payments;
- A receipted tax invoice will be sent to you upon successful completion of the transaction;
- For payments made by Credit Card direct to the end provider (post-pay):
- The client will be responsible for ensuring that there are sufficient funds available in their denominated credit card for payments to be deducted as required;
- The client will be responsible for any credit card fees imposed by your bank in relation to these transactions;
iii. Maple & Honey will not be held responsible for any campaigns going offline as a result of failed payments;
14. Confidentiality: Maple & Honey and Client each agree:
- not to disclose or use for an improper purpose any Confidential Information received or obtained from the other party; and
- that each party can disclose Confidential Information received by it if, and to the extent,:
- required by law or required by a Court, stock exchange or regulatory or governmental body; or
- the information is disclosed on a confidential basis to professional advisers or bankers; or
iii. the information is disclosed to a director, officer, employee or agent of the party whose function requires them to have the information; or
- the information is in the public domain otherwise than through the fault of the disclosing party; or
- the other party has agreed to the disclosure in writing,
- provided a party intending to disclose information under any of paragraphs i., ii., or iii.above consults with the other party first. If a party makes any disclosure under any paragraphs i. and ii. above it must inform the other party as soon as possible;
- “Confidential Information” means all trade secrets, know-how, financial, marketing, management, technical and other information which is confidential or of a sensitive nature, including information regarding business strategy and processes, but excludes information in the public domain.
- Client agrees that the identity of Client is not Confidential Information and that Maple & Honey may disclose to third parties that Maple & Honey has been engaged by Client.
15. Intellectual Property:
Client agrees that, except as expressly stated in the subscription agreement:
- Maple & Honey owns all title, ownership, moral and proprietary and intellectual property rights (including copyright), registrable or not, in and to all deliverables, materials, documents, presentations, reports, software, data and analysis prepared or provided by Maple & Honey in connection with providing the Services including the source code and back-end tactics used by Maple & Honey to optimise any websites (“Documents);
- it will not publish or transmit outside of its organisation, nor make copies or reproductions of, any such Document unless approval in writing is given by Maple & Honey; and
- Maple & Honey may, subject to clause 14, use such Documents for Maple & Honey’s technical development and marketing purposes.
16. Licence to Client:
For the term of this agreement, Client is hereby granted a limited, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, royalty-free licence to use Documents referred to in clause 15 for the sole purpose for which the Services were provided. This includes the provision of all digital assets to the client, including website development files.
17. Liability and Indemnity:
Client agrees that except to the extent caused by the gross negligence, fraudulent act or omission or wilful breach of this agreement by Maple & Honey, Maple & Honey and its officers, employees and contractors shall, to the maximum extent permitted by law, not be liable to Client or its officers and employees or contractors or any other entity for any Claims whatsoever:
- in relation to provision or non-provision of the Services or arising from any act or omission by Maple & Honey relating to the Services;
- arising from any act or omission of any third party, including the unavailability or performance of any search engine, relevant internet interface or database or the listing or ranking of any Client’s website;
- in relation to the matters set out in clauses 5.a to 5.f inclusive;
- in relation to the use by Client (or its officers, employees, agents or contractors) of any Documents;e. in the event that any transaction contemplated by Client does not proceed; or
- in relation to acts or omissions of Client or any third party,
- and Client shall and hereby does indemnify and hold Maple & Honey and its employees and contractors harmless from all such Claims. In this agreement “Claim” means any claim, expense, demand, action, suit, proceeding, loss or damage of any kind or character (including without limitation for legal costs or special, indirect, punitive or consequential damages, loss of profit or business opportunity or payment of liquidated sums).
18. Time Limit on Claims:
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Maple & Honey shall be deemed to have been discharged absolutely from all Claims for liability arising from the Services (or from any act or omission of Maple & Honey relating to the Services) at common law or equity or under statute after the expiration of one year from the completion of the Services. Client agrees that it and any persons or entities claiming through Client shall be barred from commencing any action, proceeding or claim whatsoever against Maple & Honey, its officers or employees in respect of the Services. The date of completion of the Services will be the date of the last invoice issued by Maple & Honey for the Services.
a.Subject to clause 20.b and to the maximum extent permitted by law the Services are provided without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including warranties of title, non-infringement of fitness for any purpose, accuracy, completeness or currentness. Any warranty which is implied by law or statute is excluded to the maximum extent permitted.
b.The Australian Consumer Law Schedule of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) provides consumer rights and remedies that may not be contracted out of, in part or wholly. Where those consumer rights and remedies apply to supply of the Services and cannot be contracted out of, they apply and override any inconsistent provisions in this agreement but only to the extent of the inconsistency. Where Client is entitled to a statutory right or term that Maple & Honey is not able to exclude but Maple & Honey is entitled to limit its remedy for a breach of that right or term, then Maple & Honey’s liability for breach of that right or term is limited to (at Maple & Honey’s election) the supplying of the services again, or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- not to, directly or indirectly, employ, solicit, engage or direct for purposes of employment or contracting services any of Maple & Honey’s staff or contractors during the term of this agreement and for a period of 12 months thereafter;
- that if it does not comply with paragraph 1) above, it will pay to Maple & Honey on demand a placement fee of:
- in the case of a Maple & Honey employee, 100% of the employee’s total annual remuneration package from Maple & Honey (including superannuation)
21. Delay/Force majeure:
If Maple & Honey is restricted or prevented from performing any of its obligations under this agreement due to any cause or delay whatsoever outside the reasonable control of Maple & Honey including the unavailability of any relevant internet interface or database, then Maple & Honey may give notice of such cause to Client and the time for performance of Maple & Honey’s obligations shall be extended by the period the cause continues. If the Services have not been provided by 60 days after the original due date either party may terminate this agreement and if this occurs Maple & Honey shall have no liability whatsoever to Client.
22. Suspension, Expiry and Termination:
- We require four weeks (4) written notice to terminate our digital marketing services. Maple & Honey may suspend the delivery of the Services and access to all accounts during any period in which an amount owing by Client pursuant to this agreement is overdue.
- If your final payment is not made for the website development project, Maple & Honey reserves the right to remove your website from the live environment until the payment is made. Please note we will provide you with a warning before this happens.
- If your payment is not made for any subscription services, Maple & Honey reserves the right to withhold account access until the payment is made.
- If either party is in breach of this agreement then the party alleging the breach may service a default notice on the other party settling out the full particulars of the alleged breach and the acts required to rectify the breach.
- If not terminated sooner under paragraph e. of this clause 22, the engagement of Maple & Honey expires at the earlier of the completion of the Services or the finish date specified in this subscription agreement (if any).
- A party may terminate this agreement only:
- if the subscription agreement expressly states that either party may terminate this agreement by notice to the other party, in which case this agreement will terminate on the date that is twenty Business Days after the date such a notice is given, provided that during that period of twenty Business Days all fees and charges as set out in the subscription agreement will continue to be payable; or
- if it has issued a notice of default pursuant to clause 23 and the default alleged therein remains unrectified 10 Business Days after service of the default notice (and termination will take effect on the 11 Business Day after service of the default notice provide a notice of termination is given); or
iii. if the other party goes into liquidation, has a receiver or manager or administrator appointed, is declared bankrupt or becomes subject to Part X of the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (and termination will take effect on giving of a notice of termination).
23. Google Ads
In the event of a cancellation of the Google Adwords Management service with Maple & Honey, we reserve the right to retain our intellectual property in the account design, digital strategy and optimisation techniques through change history.
In the event we have to send manual invoices, a $25 admin fee will apply.
In regards to the Google Ads credit. *This is for new accounts only. Applied after 30 days of going live. Will not apply if manager account is unlinked. We will match your ad spend up to $150 in the first 30 days. This is subject to change with no notice. While stocks last.
In the event that missed payments continually happen, Maple & Honey will continue the contract for four to twelve weeks or at their discretion. If there is no contact from the client during this time, the two weeks notice will then apply. This will incur a total of six to fourteen weeks in management fees, as well as a admin fee of $25 and a dishonour/break contract fee of $199. There will be no refunds on services provided.
All Google Ads packages require 2 weeks notice. This notice period must be paid regardless of results, spend & management account linking.
Inclusions are subject to change without warning and may not be applicable to your business, therefor may not be included in your selected package. The ultimate decision of inclusions will be made by your account manager on what they deem best for your account and business.
All fees referred to in this agreement do not include goods and services tax (GST) unless expressly stated. In this agreement “GST, “supply”, “taxable supply” and “tax invoice” have the same meaning as in A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999.
- Reference in this agreement to the singular includes the plural, and to any party to this agreement includes the party and its successor, administrator, personal representative, transferees and assigns.
- A notice to be served under this agreement will be duly served if it is in writing and is sent to the address appearing in the OMP for each party by certified mail, facsimile, personal delivery or email, provided there is proof of delivery.
- Neither party may assign or transfer any right or obligation under this agreement without the written consent of the other.
- If any provision or part-provision of this agreement is invalid, unenforceable or illegal then it shall be deemed deleted and the remaining parts shall continue to apply with full force and effect.
- This agreement is governed by the law in force in Queensland, Australia. Each party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia with respect to any Claim which may be brought at any time relating in any way to this Agreement.
- This agreement may only be varied in writing signed by both Parties.
- Any omission by a party to enforce any provision of this agreement shall not operate as a waiver and will not prejudice the rights of the party to enforce any of the provisions.
- All provisions in this agreement in respect of indemnities, IP ownership, confidentiality and non-solicitation survive the termination of this agreement.
- In offering our services to you we are not excluded from offering our services to other organisations, whether competitive to yours or not, unless a separate (from this agreement) exclusive provider contract has been entered into and we are under no obligation to reveal our client list to the public and/or to other clients.